The decentralized finance (defi) portfolio tracking startup Debank raised $25 million from investors according to an announcement on Tuesday. Following the equity financing round, Debank says it has an overall valuation of around $200 million.
Defi Dashboard Debank Raises $25 Million
- 2021 was a good year for venture capital (VC) entering the crypto and blockchain space. Estimates show that VCs invested roughly $30 billion into the crypto industry. The $30 billion invested in crypto and blockchain is four times larger than the investments made in 2020.
- Debank has announced that just before the year ends, the defi portfolio tracking company raised $25 million in equity financing from strategic investors. According to Debank, the financing brings the firm’s overall valuation to $200 million.
- Debank revealed the investment in a tweet on Tuesday, and said the round was led by “Sequoia China, followed by Dragonfly, Hash Global, Youbi, and other angel investors, along with strategic investments from Coinbase Venture, Crypto.com, Circle, and Ledger.”
- In addition to the $30 billion in capital raised in 2021, millions of dollars in investments were given to firms concentrating on portfolio tracking and blockchain data analytics. For instance, crypto analytics firm Messari raised $21 million, Boston-based Coin Metrics raised $15 million and at the end of April, Skew analytics was acquired by Coinbase.
- The digital currency exchange, Crypto.com, also tweeted about the investment in Debank on Tuesday. “Crypto.com Capital is excited to support Debank to bring the next billion users to Web3,” the company said.
- According to Debank’s web portal, “Debank is evolving into something new” and the website adds “new features are coming soon.” As of today, Debank states that users can track 798 protocols across 17 different blockchains.
- Debank users can access the web portal via a Web3 wallet in order to create a custom profile and it also offers a token swap feature.
- Debank also faces competition from Zapper (Zapper.fi), another defi portfolio dashboard. In August 2020, Zapper raised $1.5 million in a seed round led by Framework Ventures and Libertus Capital. Furthermore, in mid-May Zapper raised $15 million in equity in a Series A led by Framework Ventures.
Tags in this story
$200 million, $25 million, blockchain data analytics, Circle, Coin Metrics, Coinbase Venture, crypto industry, Crypto.com, dashboard, Debank, Debank Financing, defi portfolio, Dragonfly, Hash Global, Ledger, portfolio tracking, Sequoia China, Skew analytics, Web3, Web3 wallet, Youbi, Zapper, Zapper.fi
What do you think about Debank raising $25 million? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Jamie Redman is the News Lead at Bitcoin.com News and a financial tech journalist living in Florida. Redman has been an active member of the cryptocurrency community since 2011. He has a passion for Bitcoin, open-source code, and decentralized applications. Since September 2015, Redman has written more than 5,000 articles for Bitcoin.com News about the disruptive protocols emerging today.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.