Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Orlando Magic have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Orlando leads 89-88 over the Philadelphia 76ers.
The Magic have been relying on center Mo Bamba, who has 17 points along with five rebounds and two blocks, and point guard Cole Anthony, who has 19 points and six assists. Those points put Bamba near his season high of 18. Bamba does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Power forward Wendell Carter Jr. is also in foul trouble with four.
Philadelphia has been led by center Joel Embiid, who so far has 27 points and four assists.
The 76ers have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we’ll see how they respond to the deficit.
Philadelphia @ Orlando
Current Records: Philadelphia 20-16; Orlando 7-31
What to Know
The Orlando Magic haven’t won a matchup against the Philadelphia 76ers since Dec. 27 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. They will face off against one another at 7 p.m. ET at Amway Center. Philadelphia should still be riding high after a big win, while the Magic will be looking to right the ship.
Orlando was close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 102-98 to the Chicago Bulls. Orlando’s loss shouldn’t obscure the performances of small forward Franz Wagner, who had 22 points along with five rebounds, and power forward Wendell Carter Jr., who dropped a double-double on 21 points and ten boards. That makes it six consecutive games in which Carter Jr. has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia made easy work of the Houston Rockets on Monday and carried off a 133-113 victory. The score was close at the half, but Philadelphia pulled away in the second half with 71 points. Their center Joel Embiid did his thing and posted a triple-double on 31 points, 15 rebounds, and ten dimes. The contest made it Embiid’s fourth in a row with at least 31 points.
The Magic are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Their home court has been no bettor’s paradise, as they’ve failed to beat the spread in 12 of their 15 home games.
Orlando was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap in the teams’ previous meeting last November as they fell 101-96 to the 76ers. Maybe Orlando will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The 76ers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 7.5-point favorite.
Philadelphia have won 12 out of their last 22 games against Orlando.
- Nov 29, 2021 – Philadelphia 101 vs. Orlando 96
- May 16, 2021 – Philadelphia 128 vs. Orlando 117
- May 14, 2021 – Philadelphia 122 vs. Orlando 97
- Dec 31, 2020 – Philadelphia 116 vs. Orlando 92
- Aug 07, 2020 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Orlando 101
- Dec 27, 2019 – Orlando 98 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Nov 13, 2019 – Orlando 112 vs. Philadelphia 97
- Mar 25, 2019 – Orlando 119 vs. Philadelphia 98
- Mar 05, 2019 – Philadelphia 114 vs. Orlando 106
- Nov 14, 2018 – Orlando 111 vs. Philadelphia 106
- Oct 20, 2018 – Philadelphia 116 vs. Orlando 115
- Mar 22, 2018 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Orlando 98
- Feb 24, 2018 – Philadelphia 116 vs. Orlando 105
- Nov 25, 2017 – Philadelphia 130 vs. Orlando 111
- Mar 20, 2017 – Orlando 112 vs. Philadelphia 109
- Feb 09, 2017 – Philadelphia 112 vs. Orlando 111
- Dec 02, 2016 – Orlando 105 vs. Philadelphia 88
- Nov 01, 2016 – Orlando 103 vs. Philadelphia 101
- Feb 28, 2016 – Orlando 130 vs. Philadelphia 116
- Feb 23, 2016 – Orlando 124 vs. Philadelphia 115
- Jan 20, 2016 – Philadelphia 96 vs. Orlando 87
- Nov 07, 2015 – Orlando 105 vs. Philadelphia 97
Injury Report for Orlando
- Robin Lopez: Out (Covid-19)
- Moe Wagner: Out (Illness)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Covid-19)
- Jalen Suggs: Out (Thumb)
- E’Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Shake Milton: Out (Back)
- Matisse Thybulle: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul Reed: Out (Covid-19)
- Tyrese Maxey: Out (Covid-19)
- Jaden Springer: Out (Covid-19)