How to watch Mavericks vs. Warriors basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Although the Dallas Mavericks came into the game as underdogs, they’re on track to steal the victory from the Golden State Warriors. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but the Mavericks lead 70-67.
Point guard Luka Doncic has led the way so far for Dallas, as he has 23 points and five assists in addition to five boards. A double-double would be Doncic’s third in a row.
Golden State hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 12 points or fewer.
Golden State @ Dallas
Current Records: Golden State 29-7; Dallas 19-18
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks may be playing at home again Wednesday, but the experts are forecasting a 4.5-point defeat. They will take on the Golden State Warriors at 7:30 p.m. ET at American Airlines Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Dallas didn’t have too much trouble with the Denver Nuggets at home on Monday as they won 103-89. It was another big night for the Mavericks’ point guard Luka Doncic, who almost dropped a triple-double on 21 points, 15 dimes, and eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Miami Heat typically have all the answers at home, but on Monday Golden State proved too difficult a challenge. The Dubs came out on top against the Heat by a score of 115-108. Shooting guard Jordan Poole was the offensive standout of the matchup for the Dubs, shooting 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finishing with 32 points and five assists. Poole had some trouble finding his footing against the Utah Jazz this past Saturday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Dallas is now 19-18 while Golden State sits at 29-7. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: Dallas enters the contest with only 103.9 points allowed per game on average, good for third best in the league. As for the Warriors, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.60%, which places them first in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $261.99
The Warriors are a 4.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Warriors as a 5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 13 out of their last 21 games against Dallas.
- Apr 27, 2021 – Dallas 133 vs. Golden State 103
- Feb 06, 2021 – Dallas 134 vs. Golden State 132
- Feb 04, 2021 – Golden State 147 vs. Dallas 116
- Jan 14, 2020 – Dallas 124 vs. Golden State 97
- Dec 28, 2019 – Dallas 141 vs. Golden State 121
- Nov 20, 2019 – Dallas 142 vs. Golden State 94
- Mar 23, 2019 – Dallas 126 vs. Golden State 91
- Jan 13, 2019 – Golden State 119 vs. Dallas 114
- Dec 22, 2018 – Golden State 120 vs. Dallas 116
- Nov 17, 2018 – Dallas 112 vs. Golden State 109
- Feb 08, 2018 – Golden State 121 vs. Dallas 103
- Jan 03, 2018 – Golden State 125 vs. Dallas 122
- Dec 14, 2017 – Golden State 112 vs. Dallas 97
- Oct 23, 2017 – Golden State 133 vs. Dallas 103
- Mar 21, 2017 – Golden State 112 vs. Dallas 87
- Dec 30, 2016 – Golden State 108 vs. Dallas 99
- Nov 09, 2016 – Golden State 116 vs. Dallas 95
- Mar 25, 2016 – Golden State 128 vs. Dallas 120
- Mar 18, 2016 – Golden State 130 vs. Dallas 112
- Jan 27, 2016 – Golden State 127 vs. Dallas 107
- Dec 30, 2015 – Dallas 114 vs. Golden State 91
Injury Report for Dallas
- Isaiah Thomas: Out (Covid-19)
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Trey Burke: Out (Covid-19)
- Boban Marjanovic: Out (Covid-19)
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Knee)
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Foot)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)