How to watch Knicks vs. Pacers basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
The New York Knicks were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. Sitting on a score of 84-77, they have looked like the better squad out there today, but there’s still one more quarter to play.
New York has been relying on small forward R.J. Barrett, who has 30 points in addition to seven rebounds, and power forward Julius Randle, who has dropped a double-double on 25 points and 13 boards. This makes it four consecutive games in which Randle has had at least ten rebounds.
Point guard Keifer Sykes has led the way so far for the Indiana Pacers, as he has 20 points and five assists.
Indiana has lost 94% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Indiana @ New York
Current Records: Indiana 14-23; New York 17-20
What to Know
After four games on the road, the New York Knicks are heading back home. They will square off against the Indiana Pacers at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
The Knicks ended up a good deal behind the Toronto Raptors when they played on Sunday, losing 120-105. New York was down 96-74 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Obi Toppin put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 19 points and six assists along with six boards.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought matchup, but Indiana had to settle for a 108-104 loss against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday. The losing side was boosted by power forward Domantas Sabonis, who posted a double-double on 32 points and 13 rebounds in addition to seven dimes. That makes it four consecutive games in which Sabonis has had at least 13 rebounds.
The Knicks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Their home court has been no bettor’s paradise, though, as they’ve failed to beat the spread in 12 of their 18 home games.
New York found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 122-102 punch to the gut against Indiana in the teams’ previous meeting last month. Maybe New York will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $65.00
The Knicks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Knicks, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 1.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Indiana have won 15 out of their last 23 games against New York.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Indiana 122 vs. New York 102
- Nov 15, 2021 – New York 92 vs. Indiana 84
- Nov 03, 2021 – Indiana 111 vs. New York 98
- Feb 27, 2021 – New York 110 vs. Indiana 107
- Jan 02, 2021 – New York 106 vs. Indiana 102
- Dec 23, 2020 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 107
- Feb 21, 2020 – Indiana 106 vs. New York 98
- Feb 01, 2020 – New York 92 vs. Indiana 85
- Dec 07, 2019 – Indiana 104 vs. New York 103
- Mar 12, 2019 – Indiana 103 vs. New York 98
- Jan 11, 2019 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 106
- Dec 16, 2018 – Indiana 110 vs. New York 99
- Oct 31, 2018 – Indiana 107 vs. New York 101
- Feb 11, 2018 – Indiana 121 vs. New York 113
- Dec 04, 2017 – Indiana 115 vs. New York 97
- Nov 05, 2017 – New York 108 vs. Indiana 101
- Mar 14, 2017 – New York 87 vs. Indiana 81
- Jan 23, 2017 – New York 109 vs. Indiana 103
- Jan 07, 2017 – Indiana 123 vs. New York 109
- Dec 20, 2016 – New York 118 vs. Indiana 111
- Apr 12, 2016 – Indiana 102 vs. New York 90
- Apr 03, 2016 – Indiana 92 vs. New York 87
- Feb 24, 2016 – Indiana 108 vs. New York 105
Injury Report for New York
- Kemba Walker: Out (Knee)
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Covid-19)
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Covid-19)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Covid-19)
- Chris Duarte: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Caris LeVert: Out (Covid-19)
- Kelan Martin: Out (Covid-19)
- Goga Bitadze: Out (Covid-19)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)