Through 2 Quarters
The experts predicted a victory for the Brooklyn Nets, but it’s no sure thing at this point. At halftime neither squad has the game in the bag, but Brooklyn leads 53-51 over the Los Angeles Clippers.
The Nets have been relying on power forward Kevin Durant, who has 16 points and two assists along with five boards, and center Nicolas Claxton, who has eight points in addition to seven rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Patty Mills’ foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Los Angeles hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to ten points or fewer.
The Clippers haven’t been much of a second-half team this year, losing 72% of the time when they were down at the break.
Los Angeles @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Los Angeles 18-18; Brooklyn 23-10
What to Know
The Los Angeles Clippers have quite the challenge ahead of them as they’re expected to be blown off the court. They might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against the Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 1 at Barclays Center. Los Angeles has been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Brooklyn and is hoping to record their first win since March 17 of 2019.
The Clippers came up short against the Toronto Raptors on Friday, falling 116-108. Power forward Marcus Morris (20 points) and small forward Terance Mann (18 points) were the top scorers for Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn came up short against the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday, falling 110-102. A silver lining for Brooklyn was the play of point guard James Harden, who dropped a triple-double on 33 points, 14 rebounds, and ten dimes. The matchup made it The Beard’s third in a row with at least 33 points.
The losses put the Clippers at 18-18 and the Nets at 23-10. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Los Angeles ranks fourth in the league when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 104.9 on average. As for Brooklyn, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.70%, which places them first in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: Bally Sports SoCal
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $92.01
The Nets are a big 13-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Nets, as the game opened with the Nets as an 11-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won seven out of their last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- Dec 27, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 21, 2021 – Brooklyn 112 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Feb 02, 2021 – Brooklyn 124 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Aug 09, 2020 – Brooklyn 129 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Mar 17, 2019 – Los Angeles 119 vs. Brooklyn 116
- Nov 17, 2018 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Brooklyn 119
- Mar 04, 2018 – Los Angeles 123 vs. Brooklyn 120
- Feb 12, 2018 – Los Angeles 114 vs. Brooklyn 101
- Nov 29, 2016 – Brooklyn 127 vs. Los Angeles 122
- Nov 14, 2016 – Los Angeles 127 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Feb 29, 2016 – Los Angeles 105 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Dec 12, 2015 – Los Angeles 105 vs. Brooklyn 100
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Nicolas Batum: Out (Ankle)
- Isaiah Hartenstein: Out (Ankle)
- Brandon Boston Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Ivica Zubac: Out (Covid-19)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Covid-19)
- Moses Wright: Out (Covid-19)
- Luke Kennard: Out (Covid-19)
- Paul George: Out (Elbow)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)